Vancouver Debate Academy
Promotion & Refund Policies
- Early Bird discounts must be purchased during the valid period. Early Bird discounts may not be combined with free trial classes, multi-session discounts, or sibling discounts. Discounts cannot exceed 10%.
- To receive a full* refund, clients must notify ACE /VDA a minimum of 2 weeks before the start date of the registered class. If clients wish a refund* less than 2 weeks before the start date of a registered class, a refund* of 90% will be issued. For purchases that clients wish to cancel after having attended 1 or more sessions, ACE /VDA will refund* 50% of the remaining tuition.
*Please note that ALL refunds are subject to an Amilia processing fee (1%) and clients not paying with cash, check, or e-transfer are also subject to Netbanx transaction feesⁱ (ⁱNetbanx transaction fees as follows: Wechat/Alipay: 1.5%; credit card: 2.75%; UnionPay/office terminal: 3.25%). Clients will receive their refund minus these fees.
- Offline Payments: Please note that if you choose to make an offline payment, clients have 3 days to provide payment (cash, WeChat, AliPay, check, email transfer etc) to ACE/VDA; if payment has not been received within 3 days of registration, the Amilia Online Registration Software will remove you from the class.
- ACE /VDA reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum number of students is not met. In this event, 100% of tuition will be refunded to clients.
- ACE/VDA welcomes new students to complete a free trial class to help ascertain level; once the trial is completed, coaches and staff recommend appropriate classes based on student ability.
- All free trial classes need to be arranged with office staff before the class. No drop-ins allowed.
- ACE/VDA reserves the right to move students into other classes within two weeks of their first class if their level is found to be inappropriate for the class they have enrolled in.
- By agreeing to our policy, you authorize ACE/VDA to obtain any medical assistance which in the opinion of staff is necessary for the student(s), including hospital accommodation in the event the student(s) suffers any accident or illness. In the event that medical expenses are incurred, you agree to pay these expenses.
Marketing/Use of Student Photographs
- By agreeing to our policy, you give permission for ACE/VDA and its subsidiaries in perpetuity to use photographs of your child(ren) for the purposes of promoting ACE/VDA.
- Agreeing to this policy grants permission to ACE/VDA to use your email address to send you newsletters regarding promotions, schedules, and class offerings. ACE/VDA agrees to limit use of emails and never sell or share private information such as email addresses to other companies.
Missed Class Policy
- All missed classes MUST be made up within the term. Missed classes WILL NOT carry over into the next term. Make-up classes may be completed before or after missed classes.
- Students may make up a maximum of 2 missed classes in a term.
- Students must join the class with their real name 5 minutes before class starts; video is mandatory for online classes.
- Our staff must be notified at least 24 hours in advance if a student is planning on missing a class in order for it to count as an “excused absence”. Failure to notify ahead of time will result in the student having an “unexcused absence”.
- Only “Excused Absences” are eligible for a make-up class. “Unexcused absences” are not.
- In the event of a sudden, serious illness, the student’s absence will be excused, provided a doctor’s note is submitted.
- It is the parent’s/student’s responsibility to find and schedule a make-up class for all missed classes. The make-up class may be scheduled on a different day or with a different teacher or at a different location.
- Students may attend any make-up class that is at the same level or lower than their own, but must be the appropriate age range.
- Staff must be informed of a make-up at least 24 hours before the class takes place.
- If class is cancelled due to teacher cancellation or an act of God (bad weather, natural disaster, etc), it is VWA/VDA’s responsibility to schedule 1 make-up class date at the end of the term per cancelled class. If the student is unable to come to the predetermined make-up class date, it is then the student’s responsibility to find and schedule a make-up class in another class.
- (VDA): Classes that are missed as a consequence of attending a debate tournament (that VDA is fielding teams for) will be refunded to students. Other tournaments, where VDA does not field teams, do not qualify for this.
Intrinsic Debate Academy
Summer Camp 2022 Policy
Customer Payment and Cancellation Policy
A $500 deposit securing your place at the 2022 Intrinsic Debate Institute (IDI) is due upon registration and non-refundable under any circumstances.
All final payments for the 2022 IDI are due no later than thirty (30) days before the beginning of the session for which the student is registered. Due dates are as follows:
- July 4-16 Session: Due Saturday, June 4, 2022
- August 8-20 Session: Due Saturday, July 9, 2022
In the event a customer cancels, unused funds (minus the $500 deposit) will be credited for use towards future programs or speech and debate training by IDI partner Ace of Diamonds Education Inc. In this event, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to register for future programs.
If a customer fully withdraws during the IDI, they will receive a prorated credit (minus the $500 deposit) based on the percentage of full IDI days remaining in the session, for use towards future programs or speech and debate training by IDI partner Ace of Diamonds Education Inc. In this event, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to register for future programs.
All requests for cancellation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDI Cancellation Policy
Should cancellation for reasons outside of our control become necessary, including but not limited to counselor illnesses, compliance with local, state, and national regulations that require closure, pandemics, or acts of god (Force Majeure), IDI reserves the right to make alternative suitable accommodations including but not limited to alternative dates, training schedules, etc. If suitable accommodations cannot be provided for Summer 2022, IDI will provide customers with a full refund of all fees paid (including $500 deposit).
Missed Class Policy
The IDI is a unique summer experience that runs for two weeks only; as such, all classes are held at the scheduled dates and times for each session and no make-up or rescheduled classes are permitted. Students may miss a class for any reason, but should make every effort to attend for the full duration of the session.