Learn more about our talented coaching team here!
[gs_coaches num=”10″ theme=”gs_coach_list_3″ cols=”12″ group=”coach-leaders” cats_name=”initial” desc_limit=”500″ order=”DESC” orderby=”date”]
Our Talented Team
[gs_coaches num=”-1″ theme=”gs_coach_popup_1″ cols=”3″ group=”coaches” cats_name=”initial” desc_limit=”500″ order=”DESC” orderby=”DATE”]
Join Our Coach Team!
ACE’s Vancouver Debate Academy is a rapidly growing hub of talented instructors and students with a mission to expand the scope and competitiveness of debate and speech in BC, Canada and beyond. We pride ourselves on providing top coaching, and have a string of awards from our competitive success at prestigious competitions such as those hosted by the NSDA such as the TOC, and also those hosted at institutions such as Harvard & Stanford, international competitions like the Chinese Nationals, and regional/national tournaments across Canada.
You are a strong educator with a competitive spirit who strives to make the Academy’s instruction the best in Canada. Responsibilities include:
- Coaching between 25-30 hours of debate classes per week
- Developing and implementing curricula for classes in debate
- Attending competitions with the Academy’s debate teams as a coach, both in Canada and abroad
- Admin duties as needed such as tournament registration
The Head Coach will work closely with the Director of Debate to develop curricula, plan tournaments, and communicate with both students and families to serve our community.
The Head Coach demonstrates a proven record of coaching success at the highest levels of international speech and debate tournaments, including in events like Worlds, British Parliament (BP) debate, Policy Debate, Lincoln-Douglas (LD) debate, extemporaneous speaking, and original oratory. While we appreciate all applicants’ interest, for this position we can not consider candidates with only experience in non-US formats and tournament competitions;
- Holds a minimum of a bachelor’s degree;
- Has a minimum of three years experience in a comparable leadership position;
- Has classroom experience teaching and developing curricula;
- Is comfortable with a flexible schedule that includes the ability to work weekends;
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, listening, and presentation);
- Is driven, self-motivated, and results-oriented;
- Has a strong sense of organization and the ability to lead a team.
- In charge of outreach program, and willing to re-locate from city to city across Canada and have means to travel from district to district
Successful candidate will receive training under the guidance of the Director of the Academy, both in workshops and regular classes.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
The Head Coach will be compensated with a competitive salary UP TO $80K ANNUALLY, commensurate with experience and accomplishments, as well as performance-based bonuses.
You will be expected to work as necessary, and you will be eligible for an employee benefits package up to 50% copay for dental and medical expenses.
For those considering applying to be a full-time coach with us and seeking this position from outside BC, you will need to do some research and can expect support from us in your move.
Additionally, working for the Vancouver Debate Academy will provide paid travel opportunities both as coach and as a chaperone.
The opportunity to eventually take on the full-time role of Associate Director is also available for those who aspire to a long-term career with our business.
LOCATIONS & START DATES
The successful candidate will work at our Vancouver offices at 2445 West 41 Avenue Vancouver BC V6M 2A5.
Desired start date: 2023-02
If you want to join a growing educational organization with a mission to create a thriving competitive circuit of debaters and speakers in BC/Canada, email email@example.com with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Any additional information, from a personal statement to videos of your speaking abilities – anything to help us learn more about you!
Job type: Full-time permanent 40 hours per week 5 days per week
Language of Instruction: English
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- direct: 2 years (required)
- Teaching: 2 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (required)
Work Location: One location